Charles Jones - copyright material

Sunday, May 15, 2011

That's My Fault

     The present generation has coined a phrase, "My Bad."  It is a short way of saying one of the more difficult things to say, "That's my fault."
     In a basketball game in the Mississippi delta a visiting girl's team thought they were being cheated by the referees.  The coach had ranted, raved, coaxed, and begged for a break.  He had called his last time out in an attempt to talk to the officials and also to encourage his girls to play harder.
     The team returned to the court with the home team putting the ball in play under the visitor's basket.  Number 23 on the visiting team assumed a guarding position on one of the referees and guarded him closely all of the way down the floor.  Finally, the much perplexed official calls an official time-out and approaches the visiting coach.  He said, "Coach, there is something wrong with your number 23."
     The coach questioned the official with, "What seems to be the problem?"
     The official answered, "She's guarding me!"
     "My goodness, ref," the coach responded, "That's my fault, I told her to get the one that was hurting us the most."
     There are times in the lives of every individual when he or she should say, "That's my fault."  Wouldn't it be great if every senator and representative would say, when confronted with the problems if the nation, "That's my fault."  Instead the Democrats want to blame the Republicans and the Republicans want to blame the Democrats.
     Each should say on the controversial health plan, "That.s my fault."  If they would have come before the nation and said that a health plan was needed and they were doing away with their own health care plan and  would now be under the same plan with the citizens, many would have looked at the plan differently.  The  condition of the social security program is another place where they should say, "It's my fault."  They expect a retirement program for themselves to be a lavish program and others get by on a meager existance.
     Don't you think it is about time that the professional politicians become public servants, as they started out shortly after the birth of our nation.  Congress should not be able to pass laws that affect the citizens of the United States without affecting them, nor, should they be able to pass a law affecting them that does not apply to the citizens of the United States.
     Certainly the same argument should be made in the Christian arena.  What's the problem with the local church?  What is the problem with the spiritual condition of our communities?  The old spiritual says it best, "It's not my father nor my mother, but it's me, oh, Lord, standing in the need of prayer."  If you really want revival to come to our nation, get down in your living room, draw a circle around yourself, then ask God to get everyone in the circle right with Him, then revival will come.
     I have heard many wanting to blame God for things in their life.  Confess to God like the coach said, "It's my fault!" 
    

2 comments:

  1. I really love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles, this is great. I wish everyone in America believed this. We would certainly be on the way to becoming the country that we should be.I always knew you were a smart man. Keep up the good work!
    Quetta

    ReplyDelete