Charles Jones - copyright material

Monday, May 9, 2016

The Election Everyone Dreads

     I do not know of anyone in my circle that is looking forward to the presidential election of 2016.  It is a sad time as we consider the process of choosing between two candidates that many wish would just go away.  But they are not going to go away and we will either vote for one of them, waste a vote on a third party candidate, or stay at home and not vote.
     Russell Moore, who heads up the Southern Baptist Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, would like to simplify your choice for you.  He says if a person stands up to Donald Trump, he will "be on the right side of Jesus."  That makes about as much sense as when the mother of James and John wanted one of her sons to be on the either side of Jesus.  I would hope that everyone has a better reason to cast a vote than just standing up to Donald Trump.
     Let me make it perfectly clear, I don't like Donald Trump and I dislike Hillary Clinton even more, but  I will cast my vote based upon the following issues.  Whichever candidate supports things that I hold dear to my heart will receive my vote.  I am opposed to killing infants in the womb.  If there were no other issues, this one alone would secure my vote.  A nation that will kill infants in the womb will also eventually allow the old people to die.
     Secondly, I believe I have a right to own a gun.  I want to know where these candidates stand on taking away the right of Americans to bear arms.
     I think our borders, north and south, must be protected.  I have many dear friends who arrived here from Mexico.  I never asked how they crossed the border.  Some of them became naturalized citizens, some married American citizens, some were born here but I still say close the border.  If children can walk across the border, you would be stupid to think that a terrorist would not do so also.
     We must be extremely cautious in admitting the war refugees and make certain that no terrorists have infiltrated the group.
     Any individual wishing to come to America should be willing to come desiring to assimilate into the mainstream life.  Do not expect us to give you a handout.  Leave your flag behind, we have enough flag problems.  There is only one set of laws in America.  If you love your set of laws stay where you are.  Over a period of 300+ years we have developed a culture and for some of you our eating habits may be different than yours.  You know that when you come.  Don't even claim that seeing an advertisement for a pork chop offends you.  You don't have to eat it and we will not be offended when you don't.  You did not like the country you left, so don't try to make this country like the one you left, obviously you didn't like it.
     I could go on for some time, and probably will later; but these are a few of the things that will shape the final decision for who I will vote for, not whether it is Democrat or Republican, not whether it is male or female, certainly not whether it is Trump  or Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment