Charles Jones - copyright material

Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Rose by Any Other Name

     It sounds so wonderful, "a rose by any other name would smell so sweet".  It would be a peculiar type person who would not agree with that statement. However, today I wish to take a different statement that has been around for many years and elaborate upon it.
     The story has been repeated many times as an object lesson.  A man was walking up in the mountains and had reached the level above what is called tree level.  It was extremely cold at this high altitude.  He came across a rattlesnake that was almost dead from the cold.  The rattlesnake asked the man to take him back down where it was warmer.  The man responded that he was afraid of the rattlesnake because he knew they would bite.  The rattlesnake promised not to bite the man.  So the man picked up the snake, placed the snake inside his coat for warmth and started back down the mountain for warmer weather.  Upon reaching the warmer weather, the snake suddenly bit the man.  The man said to the snake, "You promised that you would not bite me."  The snake replied, "You knew what I was when you picked me up."
     I cannot believe that the American people are so blind in their acceptance of the Muslim people as to ignore what they have stood for all of these years; what they do in every country that they control; what the basic concept of their ideology toward others that do not belong to their faith is (convert or die); and yet any criticism of them is categorized as hate.
     Perhaps it is not the American people who are blind.  I think that the problem is the leaders of our country who would destroy our country to try to satisfy a blind "politically correctness."  Most of them do it ignorantly, however there are a few, the president number one, who has never tried to hide his concern and fondness for the Muslim religion.  Remember, he said in effect I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
     Some would like to label thoughts as I have mentioned as being Islamophobia.  Never!  I do not fear the rattlesnake.  I will never be bitten by a rattlesnake that I can see.  It is the one that I cannot see that I fear.  I do not fear the Muslims, but I have no intention of being a party to those who would turn our country into what the country looked like which they left, they did not like enough to stay there.  Now they would change our culture and our laws to be what they left behind.
     A rose by any other name still would smell just as sweet.  And they danger of the Muslim religion overseas is still just as dangerous over here.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment