Charles Jones - copyright material

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The greatest thing that ever happened to me!

     Often we take time to reflect over the course of our lives on the things, both good and bad, that came our way.  When I allow myself, or force myself, to think along these lines; I see the inconsistency that is there.  You, see, the greatest thing that ever happened to me was the time two Baptist preachers came by the house to talk with my parents.  I broke up their discussion when I asked them to tell me how to be saved.  That was the greatest thing that ever happened to me.  I have heard hundreds of other who echo that particular statement.
     That being said, leads me to an all important question, If that be so, what would be the greatest thing you could do for someone else?  It is not see that they get an education, or have a new home, or a new car.  The greatest thing you can do for someone else is to introduce them to Jesus Christ as their own personal saviour.  Why do we not do this?  Is it fear of someone making fun of us?  Is it fear of saying the wrong thing?  Or as someone told me, I am afraid of  running them off.  Where are they going to go?  They are already lost.  They are already on the road to hell.  There is nothing that a person can do that will not help the situation.
     To have advance warning that a bridge was out and to fail to warn others is unthinkable.  How much worse is it to have the knowledge that will prevent someone from spending an eternity in hell, and to hold our silence.  It is unthinkable, yet it is done so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment